Attacking islamic countries is currently all the rage, for every single American (christian) king (it’s practically impossible to get elected to any US government office, without being a christian). It wasn’t always like so: Vietnam https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Vietnam at least currently does not seem to house any muslims though it can still be argued that the different heathens needed converting. Latin America has been turned christian by the south-European conquistadores (Spanish and Portuguese), yet they were still being attacked by the USA, there was even a suggestion by one of the Kenedies to bomb the American embassy, for an excuse to attack/invade that country. I suppose in this light, there’s a justification for the claim that muslims are more violent than christians, because the christian latinos never bothered with airplane hijackings, perhaps they were too meek, or too defeatist, or too lazy.
So it may just be that the fourth reich is driven either by respect for/worship of or fear of god, though much like the original papal crusades, they may also simply be driven by more earthly concerns, like having control over as large an area as possible.
Of course the Juche-regime of North Korea must disappear, what it does to the people is unacceptable. But a boycot of North Korea is a preposterous idea, for the folowing reasons:
1. It would only reinforce the regimes’s torturing of the people, or helping the dictators achieve their goal faster (their goal being the slow and painful extermination of the North Korean people). Just as the boycot of Iraq did not get people to rise up against the notorious-dictator-with-torture-chambers. It’s hard to rise up when starving and unable to get medical treatments (and affraid of the secret police).
2. Historical perspective: the US’s boycot of Japan resulted in the massacre of Pearl Harbor and the pacific theatre. Japan would likely not have been stimulated/inspired to invade and occupy e.g. Indonesia (which was already being ocupied there and then, by Dutch colonialists, giving the emperor the excuse of “liberating the colonies”). Many women/girls were used as comfort-girls (aka sex-slaves), they were obviously innocent victims.
The fact that in spite of these well known historical objections, there is still talk of boycotting the Population of North Korea., atthe very least, proves a lack of imagination of thise that claim to be suitable leaders is unsettling (and proof of unsuitabilty).
My solution to the Juche regime, would be to make the world so much richer (by using capitalism… whay else?) that North Korea will simply shrivel away. And because that takes a lot of time – prolonging the suffering of millions of innocent citizens, one might consider a CIA assassination plot. Killing the devil you know, replacing with the devil you don’t. Causing who knows what sectarian strife there, and possibly bringing the world closer to nuclear war. With deepest regret, I must say that sacrificing the North Korean victims is probably the best solution to the Kim Il-whichever problem.
Of course Gary Johnson would have been better, but there are a few rays of sunlight to Trump’s presidency:
1) The head of the biggest criminal organisation in the world is now literally called “the Don”. They lie and steal, and kill (have been doing so for longer than living memory)
2) I think less harshly of Obama (2,terms, 8 years, 7 wars, 1 Nobel peace-prize, 0 days of peace), instead of calling him a bloodthirsty rabid vampire, I now just think of him as incompetent against the (let’s call it) shadow government. He was unable to defend the people’s interests against the powers that want, but yet he decided to run for a second term. Sliding back into vampiric territory, Barry!
3) Hillary wrote a book “What happened” discrediting the left forever as whiny, paranoid, petty, vindictive patheticos with no capacity of self reflection. Therefore splendidly unsuitable for government. It came out shortly after Trump got indicted by some democrats thatcwere hoping this would be the ideal moment in the smear campaign against the least likely president since independence from GB.
Bij de verkiezingen van ’16 was ik opgelucht dat Hillary had verloren. Jammer dat ipv Gary Johnson, Donald Trump had gewonnen, maar nu heet het hoofd van de groortste criminele organisatie tenminste evht “the Don”. Dasrbij: ik heb dankzij Trump een minder negatief beeld van Obama (8 jaar, 7 oorlogen, 1 Nobelprijs voor de vrede, 0 dagen vrede). Ik begrijp nu dat Obama domweg niet in staat was om het volk te vertegenwoordigen. Wel sneu dat hij, dat wetende, nog een termijn wilde doen.
At the latter part of WW2, the Polish resistance made a great effort to drive away the nazis, hoping to avoid being occupied and ruled by Stalin’s already notorious regime.
Stalin wanted to get his hands on Poland, and so refused to supply the resistance with the weapons it needed, merrily letting them get slaughtered/arrested by the dozens. Only to further his own petty pleasures of being the absolute ruler of a few million more people.
Truman knew that Japan had been beaten, admittedly, Japan itself did not know it yet, but with the Soviets in the north, blocking access over,land, and the American navy blocking off access at all other borders (east, south and west are coastal borders), the Japanese government would not be able to acquire supplies/resources for the war machinery. So, really, all it would have taken for Japan to admit defeat and surrender, was a bit of patience.
Militarily, there was absolutely zero need for the murder of all those citizens with the atomic bombs that Truman did, apart from obviously striking fear in the hearts of every other population in the world, that the new boss in town possessed such very mighty weapons and wasn’t reluctant to use them on innocent people. Showing who was in charge.
And more recently, Bush2 (Dubbya) had zero reason to incade Iraq, because there were zero links to Osama Bin Laden. The trumped up excuses were a sham too: WMDs? (The only ones that were there dated back to the Iran-Iraq war and had been launched at Iran with the help of American targeting data).
But it had been long ago decided by the neo conservatives that a regime change would have to take place (be performed) in Iraq.
And the excuse of terrorism, to justify enslaving the population ever more, is also opportunism. As Macchiavelli wrote re any need a prince might have for a castle: “the only castle the prince needs, is not being hated”. To put that in my own words: the best defense against counterterrorism, is not committing terrorism.
Looking at the grand scheme of world affairs, Hitler’s defeat at the hands of the allies was a questionable thing, the bad effects of which resonate to this day.
Hitler’s defeat resulted in Stalin fencing off eastern Europe, where he would set about making the lives of people there horrible. Of course, Hitler had his SS and Gestapo, which made people’s lives hell all over western Europe. And in 1944 the nazis caused the hunger winter in the Netherlands (in a move similar to Stalin’s Ukraynian starvation) as punishment for the resistance. (A move which will not have endeared the nazis to the people, but in their power madness they missed that bit: “all it takes to bend the peiople to,our will is more ruthlessness”).The cold war that followed WW2 has not only caused numerous deaths in Africa, Latin America, Arabia and Asia, but also resulted in counterterrorist attacks that keep the world aflame as of yet: 9/11, #Brussels, #London, #Munich, #Paris (in alphabetical order), and the juntas of the west continue to fight fire with fire. (Read next post)
The reason the Ukraynians fought with (not against) the nazis against the Soviets, was because they had suffered tremendously under the Soviets. 5 million humans were deliberately starved to death in the 1930s: “extermination by starvation.”
Of course, Hitler’s war was ideologically motivated: racial purification. Stalin had also purged his army officer corps from jews, which contributed to the Russian military defeats in the beginning of Hitler’s campaign.
Similar to the “WMD-incident”?
Of course, the GWB-regime was too lazy to concoct an incident. Governments have become complacent about the population. Now that it’s known that the whole WMD-hoax was… a hoax, the people have not taken action against the government, or at the very least they should have sued GWB for damages (demand their tax money back, and demand high damages payments to the surviving relatives/permanently injured)
Out of his own pocket, obviously. Is thatvtoo much for even the very richest man in the world to pay? Great! That can be prevented by not starting such a vanity war at all!
What was the USS Maddox doing there?